Unfortunately for the recipients of my gifts I am not a perfectionist. I love the process of learning and I don't expect the crafts, crochet or knitting projects I attempt to be flawless. I appreciate diversity and differences in people, places and things and that fortunately applies to the things I make with my hands as well. That's a good thing because it takes the pressure off so I can truly say that the things I make are made with love and good intentions.
Really. I usually know who I am making something for and I will think of them with love as I stitch. It is like a prayer that manifests into something beautiful and functional. That is what I feel when I work on a project, not deadlines, not frustration to make every stitch exactly like the one before. I feel relaxed and I get to meditate on the people I love.
I am conscious of all those crocheted afghans I see in the thrift stores. You know the ones. They're pilled and made of the most dated and outrageous color combinations. I'm trying not to make any of those but I know I will. I know that someday I will look at all the little scraps of yarn I have and try to make something functional out of them. Then I will give it to someone who will have to smile that smile we get when we have to pretend to love it. They will take it home and it will end up in the bottom of the kennel... but that's OK too because I am a dog person. :) Dogs appreciate everything.Really. I usually know who I am making something for and I will think of them with love as I stitch. It is like a prayer that manifests into something beautiful and functional. That is what I feel when I work on a project, not deadlines, not frustration to make every stitch exactly like the one before. I feel relaxed and I get to meditate on the people I love.
I'm Lucky... My life is a beautiful form of "Peace with Enthusiasm".
I am living it right now. :)
I am living it right now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment