Friday, December 14, 2012

Crochet Farmers Market Bags...

Free Pattern Link in Post
I made these large cotton market bags for my daughters-in (or out of)-law for Christmas.

They're BIG - about 40 inches.  They will hold a monster load of groceries and more apples than a person could lift.  They are washable and they will last For-eh-ver.  (Say "forever" like they did in the movie "The Sandlot")

I loved making them.  I will make a lot more.  I need some, my sister needs one, a friend needs one.  The list goes on and on.

I bought the yarn on sale.  Each market bag cost approximately $20 each. It is an easy stitch and a simple pattern so I was able to complete one in only about two days worth of free time.  It was great... I just started watching my own private Parenthood marathon on Netflix and before I knew it I was caught up on one of my favorite TV show and I had these three fantastic bags to show for it.  I love them and I hope TheGirls do too.

Here is the pattern if you would like to make some for the farmers market shoppers in your life...
Or if you just need a legitimate reason to sit on the couch and watch Parenthood like I did...
Enjoy!
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90448AD.html?noImages=



No comments:

Post a Comment